Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia Rising

An AU Nanatsu no Taizai forum!

3 posters

Relius's Power Application posts

Relius
    Relius

Title : Bishop of Danafor
    EXP : 34805

Relius's Power Application posts Empty Re: Relius's Power Application posts

Post by Relius Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:02 am

Alright, giving this a shot. Finished
    FieryNyan
    FieryNyan

Name : Ares
    Title : Legend
    EXP : 34866

Post by FieryNyan Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am

First things first. OMFG BEST POWER EVER. It's like one of the best powers I know, second only to mine lol. Anyways

Hello, I'm FieryNyan/Ares, and I'll be checking your app for today Smile

1. Novice – 10 Meters
    Apprentice – 20 Meters
    Experienced – 30 Meters
    Expert – 40 Meters
    Master – 50 Meters
    Legendary – 60 Meters

Well, first things first, You only get an ability when you reach the rank of an apprentice, so remove novice. And plus, 10 meters seems to far for the first level, no? Wouldn't it be logical if the first level starts with touch, and every subsequent rank goes up by 5-10 meters?

2. He can increase the weight of an individual’s sins up to the point of making them traumatized if possible.
    Uh, no. First, you can increase the weight on something you do not know. In this case, his sin. Maybe rephrase is with the word guilt? Or include that it'll only work if you know their sin.

3. He can “Lift” the burden of debuffs, pain, and even worldy limitations in order to levitate, or increase his speed.

Ok, this is just my opinion. But if Brit allows it, so be it. But here's my point of view. I understood your ability to be one of an ability that affects emotions. But lifting up your body, speed, paid and debuffs? Now that's powerful lol. Don't get me wrong, your power on its own, by lifting and putting more weight on emotions, is already strong!

4. Relius can increase the weight of their gear and weapons, making them much slower and heavier than usual. He can increase the weight of tangible objects and make them fall instantly. He can increase the weight of someone’s pain to make it seem a lot more excruciating than usual.

The same as above. Wouldn't this be a new power already?

5. Fighting Style: Relius has a free form of fighting when it using this power. He doesn't necessarily have t do much as long as he is in the effective range.

By fighting style, we meant how will you use it in battle?

For your technique, I'm not sure I can grade it, as I think your ability should only be emotions or on senses. Please ask Brit for his opinion on this.
    Britannia
    Admin

Name : Great Britain
    Title : Island
    EXP : 37354

Post by Britannia Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Spoiler:

Alright so, this is not Nyan's fault or anything, but people often seem to forget one thing. And this goes to you Relius.

"Powers are universal to every character and they are innate, meaning a character is able to freely wield them. The extent depending on the characters rank."

Second Bulletpoint of the Power Guidelines. The Power itself is something basic. I discussed this with you earlier, Relius, you can increase and decrease weight on physical objects as the baseline of your power. There are no techniques attached to that ability. You can just do that. Same as how Ban can just Snatch things, Diane can just morph the earth, Meliodas can just Full Counter and Gilthunder can just summon lightning. How they wield their Powers freely, you wield yours freely as well.

We discussed your Power, and the baseline was supposed to be ONLY physical objects. That would be the essence of your Power. That would be your Full Counter.

Now, your app states on several occasions that you can also increase and decrease the weight of intangible things like feelings. That, in general, is fine. But would have to be a Technique. Similar to how Ban's Snatch only applies to material things, but can then even Snatch something intangible like his opponent's strength through a Technique. Get it?

Also, making it so you can do this from afar is fine. But under one condition. A weakness must be that if you don't touch the things, the further they are, the more concentration it will require you, to the point where something at max range, in this case 30 very very very long meters away would require you to focus your mind heavily, not being able to move while doing so.

Additionally, there need to be a few restrictions so you don't just send all your enemies floating without even touching them.

Inherently magical things, meaning humans, empowered equipment, treasured equipmentd, magical beings and objects are HIGHLY resistant to this ability. Meaning you can't just touch someone and expect them to just instantly die under the weight of their own bones. It would take a LOT of time for you to increase the weight of people, as well as empowered equipment, so you can't just go "Boop, die." and touch any armor while they just falter under its weight.

Add to your weakness that intangible things, (such as magic, but also) like fire, water, wind, light and shadows can NOT have their weight increased. Meaning elements like lightning, fire and water have an advantage towards you.

As mentioned, any talk of being able to passively apply your power onto feelings needs to be taken out, gathered, and placed into a TECHNIQUE, where I would definitely allow something like applying your power to intangible concepts.

A technique that would be able to apply to feelings would be to your "Lift" what "Physical Hunt" is to Ban's "Snatch".

Is that comprehensible, Relius? And do you agree/disagree on anything?
    Relius
    Relius

Post by Relius Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:57 pm

i understand and accept
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 am

Bump me when you're finished editing everything, don't reply to this message until you are completely finished.
    Relius
    Relius

Post by Relius Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:04 am

Done
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:18 am

You seem to have not grasped what I was trying to tell you. The Description of your Power, the upper section of your application is supposed to JUST relate to the ability of increasing and decreasing the weight of physical objects. Take any mention of being able to use it on intangible concepts like grief or fear out of your Power description and transfer it onto any technique you want in the future.

Before we move on, I need you to do that. Your Power Description is supposed to relate to all of the constantly usable abilities, to which anything relating to feelings counts. So please, comply, and bump when you've done that.
    Relius
    Relius

Post by Relius Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:11 am

i did to the best of my ability
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Relius wrote:
    Strengths: Relius uses this power by increasing and decreasing the weight  of objects, people, and even their emotions or responsibilities. He can “Lift”  the burden of debuffs, pain, and even worldy limitations in order to levitate, or increase his speed.  He is even capable of lifting their sin to send them heaven bound, aka, launching them in the air at high speeds. Relius can lift the pain  of injuries so it doesn’t affect his combat. There is also sly ways that Relius can use this ability.  He can lift the responsibility  of individuals keeping secrets and have them more willing to reveal them. He can lift the weight of negative emotions for an increase of diplomacy and make them easier to negotiate or reason with. He can even lift the weight of a soldiers fear and have them become fearless comrades in battle.

When it comes to “Weighted”  it’s somewhat  the opposite of the “Lift”. He can increase the weight  of an individual’s sins  up to the point of making them traumatized if possible. He can increase the weight of their fear to make them unable to attack.  Relius can increase the weight of their gear and weapons, making them much slower and heavier  than usual. He can increase the weight of tangible objects and make them fall instantly. He can increase the weight of someone’s pain to make  it seem a lot more excruciating than usual.

This entire section is dedicated to the facet of being able to affect intanginble concepts.

Here's the thing, I am fine with you having a power that affects intangible concepts, but then the entire aspect of being able to affect physical objects and people will simply fall away, and would have to get added with techniques.

I just thought that we had discussed and concluded that this Power affects physical things as its primary, secondary and tertiary function, and through techniques you will do the things you are listing in strengths.

There is a small side mention of being able to affect equipment and other physical things. But you have to decide.

Either you want intangible things like feelings, or you want physical objects. You need to decide. One will be your basic Power, the other will be done exclusively through Techniques.

Your call.
    Relius
    Relius

Relius's Power Application posts Empty Relius's Power Application posts

Post by Relius Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 pm

Edited

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm