Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia Rising

An AU Nanatsu no Taizai forum!

3 posters

Harleen Power Application posts

Britannia
    Admin

Name : Great Britain
    Title : Island
    EXP : 37474

Harleen Power Application posts Empty Re: Harleen Power Application posts

Post by Britannia Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Alright, this is a neat Power idea. Illusion and similar manipulation powers are known to be pretty much the strongest in terms of applicability and crowd control.

However, do you want this to be a Magic Power or your Power? Your Power would be your primary tool and an innately connected manifestation of your will. Your Magic Power would be something you acquired. A studied and learned Power if you will. Magic Powers do NOT get techniques, Powers do. Magic Powers are a sort of secondary singular-effect based (in this case affecting the senses) Power that have less versatility but just as much strength as regular Powers.

Eithe rway, as much as I like the basis of your idea, it lacks quite a bit of detail. You give a basic description of what this Power could potentially do, but I need you to give several dimensions to make the extent of your ability set in stone on this application. Here are some questions to help you:

First off, in what range can you apply this?

How do you begin affecting someone's senses? How do you initiate this Power?

How many senses can you immediately affect? Do you need physical contact to apply specifically strong sensory illusions?

Can you affect multiple targets at once or only single targets?

How big/strong/in-depth can your manipulation get? Could you make someone see a 10 mile high hand crushing down on them?

Can you affect all 5 senses at once, like Aizen? Because that would need more restrictions. Can you perhaps swap between affecting a different number of senses?
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Name : Harleen Quinzel
    Title : Goat's Sin of Sloth
    EXP : 36985

Post by Harleen Quinzel Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:52 am

Bump.
    FieryNyan
    FieryNyan

Name : Ares
    Title : Legend
    EXP : 34986

Post by FieryNyan Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 am

Let's get straight to the point/party!

1. This ability works based on tier. the lower the person tier is in comparison to Harley, the the farther away her powers can reach them. In order to infect someone with her illusions, they must be in range, and must be visible to Harley. In order for Harley to put them under, she must try and sync with the persons nervous system. In order to sync with the nervous system, the person must be standing still. Syncing with a moving target is the same as firing an arrow at a moving target. (Of course, touching the person immediately places them under an illusion, as it acts as a point blank effect)

Also, If it only works if the person stand stills, you can/should include that in the weakness section.

2. How big can your illusions go/be?
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Post by Harleen Quinzel Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:59 pm

1) It does not only work on people who are standing still. I used the analogy of someone using a bow to fire an arrow because it is just like such an action. if she aims it right, she can sync with the nervous system of someone who is moving, it is just easier to sync with them if they are standing still.

2) I put the size in her strengths.

Thank you for looking over my application, both of you.
    FieryNyan
    FieryNyan

Name : Ares
    Title : Legend
    EXP : 34986

Post by FieryNyan Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Ok, just to finally clear things up. Are you allowed to move when this illusions work their magics?

And though you can create pain, your illusions are just illusions right? They don't do real damage at all, except emotionally and mentally right.
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Post by Harleen Quinzel Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm

1) I was planning on allowing her to move. Think of the guy who used the bell to put people in illusions.

2) Yes, no physical damage is caused. The pain is all nervous system inflation and what not, which will vanish once the illusion is over. of course, the mental fear and discord caused by said pain would probably last.
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 pm

What exactly does Capacity indicate? I don't entirely understand the graph e.e

Also, moving will be fine since you don't affect all senses at once, like Gowther. He needed to be in contact with his target.

Then, I need a period of decay for the illusions. Since you plant them in people's minds, and don't create them externally like Merlin did, they should dissipate by themselves after a while. What I can also allow is that you need to focus to keep up the illusions and the "period of decay" kicks in once you break focus through direct combat or similar.

You agree/disagree?

Then, I need a maximum number of people you can affect. Since you plant these into people's minds and don't just AoE burst these into people's minds. I would suggest max number of 5 people?

You could of course expand this through Techniques and complement the Power with Equipment.
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Post by Harleen Quinzel Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 am

I actually completely agree.

I put the basic description of the corroding illusions in the description, and added in how many posts it takes to completely fade (5) in weakness. I also edited the capacity so that it made more sense. The capacity is the amount of people she can have under her illusion at once.
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:15 am

The graph... I still don't get it e.e

Does it indicate the amount of people she can have under her illusion depending on their Tiers? So she only has the capability to put 1 person of 3 tiers above her under an illusion? Can she still put others under the illusion if she has someone 3 tiers above her in an illusion? o.O
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Post by Harleen Quinzel Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 am

no o.o That is the max. It is any combination of the above. so like 5 people -1 tier and like 1 equal to her.
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:31 am

But then... the graph makes so sense T_T If she can do 5 people of her own tier, she should only be able to do 3 times that amount moving to 2 tiers lower, meaning 15, and a third of that moving 2 tiers higher. Otherwise you'll have trouble calculating this in group fights.

Either way, let me suggest a general limit of 5. It's an illusory Power, there's a skill to counter. It shouldn't be rank-based.

If you want to affect more than 5 people at once, get a Technique. How does that sound?

If you REALLY want to keep the graph, make a proper table that accounts for equal tier = 5 people. If it is already mathematically correct, please explain it to me once more, otherwise I will get really confus.
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Post by Harleen Quinzel Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:33 am

edited to just 5 xD
    Britannia
    Admin

Post by Britannia Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:50 am

One LAST thing before finally approving this. In the topic title you wrote "Magic". Is this your Magic Power or your Power? I graded it as your Power the entire team, because I assumed that's what it was. Amirite?

Just take out the "Magic" in the topic title.
    Harleen Quinzel
    Harleen Quinzel

Harleen Power Application posts Empty Harleen Power Application posts

Post by Harleen Quinzel Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:52 am

edited Sir! thank you so much for looking over my application.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:13 pm