Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia Rising

An AU Nanatsu no Taizai forum!

3 posters

Site Revamp?

FieryNyan
    FieryNyan

Name : Ares
    Title : Legend
    EXP : 35096

Site Revamp?  Empty Site Revamp?

Post by FieryNyan Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:29 am

Here's some suggestions on the systems of this site that might need some tweaky tweaks!

1. We need a travelling rule, unless you're saying that we can freely travel anywhere.

2. Maybe other than the starter skills, techniques, powers and all, to gain other of those stuff, we not only need to pay EXP, we also need to fulfill some word count of training?

That's all I have now! If anyone of you think our site might require more system-orientated change, post your suggestions here!
    Mari
    Mari

Title : Lion's Sin of Pride
    EXP : 36796

Site Revamp?  Empty Re: Site Revamp?

Post by Mari Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm

As for traveling, I myself think it's win win situation. If we continue to not have it. I don't think it's going to change anything. I was assuming we were working with a liquid time situation where as long as the timing within peoples threads didn't effect each other we'd all be good. So if we don't implement it that's fine.

If we do, we can have extra locations to have quests and large battles. So again in my opinion, win win. XD
    Britannia
    Admin

Name : Great Britain
    Title : Island
    EXP : 37584

Post by Britannia Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Concerning a "Travel System", I will never in my entire life time incorporate a system that enforces a specific word - count to justify a character moving from one location to another, especially when nobody actually knows just how far the locations are apart from one another. Sorry, but Travel Systems never sat right with me and I've given up a multitude of sites because of it. I'd go so far as to say: I really hate Travel Systems.

This is a FREEFORM RP site, liquid time and all. If I force people to describe their travels I could start forcing them to describe their characters waking up, brushing their teeth and taking the morning dump to prevent some perceived sense of illogical string of actions in a universe that is supposed to be centered around the story and the characters taking part in it, and not the amount of realism surrounding the universe. To be clear why I am bashing this so much: I want to depict that any hope for a travel system is misplaced on this site. There will, unless I find one that makes so much sense I can't help but implement it, never be a travel system/rule/guideline. That does NOT go to say your character can be everywhere without ever explaining how he got there. Role playing is supposed to be high quality, but also free. Describe why your character is in a specific location and how he got there. That should be common sense.

For the second thing, I've thought about it. But the thing is, to obtain Techniques,  you need to obtain Exp. To obtain Exp, you need to rp. It's a logical process that rp = Techniques. Having Exp is proof that you rp'd for it. I don't see the necessity to have an additional word count. So why would you propose it? I really want to know,  because there might be a purpose training could serve that I'm missing out on.
    FieryNyan
    FieryNyan

Name : Ares
    Title : Legend
    EXP : 35096

Post by FieryNyan Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Well, since we can gain EXP from something totally unrelated such as casual RPs. Don't tell me I'll learn something like a chidori through normal convos right? Plus, doing missions and grinding on mobs with my fist will not, in any way, aid me if I want to learn a skill such as a Kamehameha. Therefore, I believe that we need a wordcount for techniques.

And I'm happy/ok with liquid time. It helps xD I just thought you forgot to include it lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:03 pm